Aberdeen Standard Investments manages a full range of equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum and seek to meet specific client outcomes. While distinct in their risk tolerances and return objectives, our equity portfolios share a common approach: to consistently add value through fundamental stock selection and active management. Our equities assets under management are CA$250.4 billion* managed by investment managers located across the world.
While diverse in their risk and return objectives, our disciplined investment processes are founded upon bottom-up stock selection. We have a team-based approach: our equity investment managers work closely with colleagues in other asset class teams, allowing us to benefit from the insights and expertise of investment professionals across markets and asset classes. Our teams maintain extensive coverage of global markets and enjoy direct access to company management at the very highest levels.
Our transparent investment processes have been developed over multiple market cycles. A robust focus on long-term value creation, centered on meeting client expectations, lies at the heart of our investment approaches. The core features of our investment processes include:
- First-hand research. This enables us to evaluate financial trends, risks and opportunities – leveraging our local presence and optimising our direct contact with company management
- Ownership of ideas. Though subject to robust peer review, our managers take individual responsibility for the investment decisions they make
- A risk focus. Diversification and risk analysis are paramount. We fully assess and measure all aspects of risk within our portfolios – stock, sector and country
- A long-term view. We seek to generate returns for our clients by taking long-term, high-conviction positions in appropriate investments
- Responsible Investing – we embed ESG analysis within our comprehensive risk assessment of the companies we research. All our equity strategies consider ESG risks and opportunities
Our broad range of equity strategies include:
- Global equities – includes core, unconstrained, ethical and income-oriented strategies
- UK equities – includes core, income, unconstrained, high-alpha and ethical
- European equities – includes core, income, ethical and unconstrained
- Global Emerging Market equities – includes single country and pan-regional portfolios, using core, income, unconstrained, enhanced diversification and midcap strategies
- Asia Pacific exc. Japan – includes single country and regional strategies
- US equities – includes core, unconstrained and income strategies
- Japanese equities - includes core, unconstrained and high alpha strategies
- Smaller companies – across all major and emerging markets
* Source: Standard Life Investments/Aberdeen Asset Management, 31 Dec 2017
See the materials below for more information on key investment strategies.
Broaden your exposure with the right perspective
Our expert guidance and global solutions can help you adapt to a changing world.