Business Continuity Management & Disaster Recovery Programs
Aberdeen Standard Investments Business Continuity Management Plan (BCP) is structured to ensure we have a comprehensive contingency plan that covers all key aspects of our operations. It is designed to allow recovery of the business following various circumstances, ranging from computer system failure to total destruction of our offices. Business continuity and disaster recovery plans are aligned across all our global offices and tested periodically to ensure that they are practical, robust and up to date with current business needs.
The Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) conforms to ISO 22301 standards requirements for ASI Global Fund Management as specified in 'BS EN ISO 22301:2012 –Societal security –Business Continuity Management Systems'. The components of the ISO 22301 standard are used to continually improve the BCMS in order to promote the highest standards of business continuity.
The outcomes of an effective BCM program are that:
- critical activities are identified and protected, ensuring their continuity
- an incident management capability is enabled to avoid incidents becoming a crisis
- the organization’s understanding of itself, and its relationships with other interested parties are properly developed, documented and understood
- employees are trained to respond effectively to an incident or business interruption through appropriate exercising
- employees are properly supported and communicated with in the event of business interruption
- stakeholder requirements are understood and satisfied through effective delivery of these outcomes
- the company's reputation is protected
- the company remains legal and compliant