PHILADELPHIA — Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) has promoted Mickey Janvier to the position of Head of North American Distribution.
Mickey will manage all facets of distribution in North America and Canada and lead the 84 strong North America Distribution team, reporting into Global Sales Director Alex Hoctor-Duncan, with a second line of accountability to Chris Demetriou, CEO of the Americas.
Global Sales Director Alex Hoctor-Duncan comments: “In his time with the company, Mickey’s leadership and strong commercial and strategic acumen have seen him build and reinvent the Wealth Management group to stay competitive and consistently deliver excellent sales and client engagement through all cycles.”
One area of significant sales growth in the region’s Wealth Management channel has come through ASI’s suite of commodities ETFs. Assets under management across the range of ETFs has now grown to $4.3bn with over $850m in net inflows year to date.
CEO of the Americas Chris Demetriou comments: “Mickey has been at the forefront of our efforts to accelerate our ambiton with key strategic Intermediary distribution partners in recent years. He has built a highly functioning team, to cultivate strong client relationships and has demonstrated expertise across both the wealth management and institutional landscape. We have ambitious growth plans for the region and it’s fantastic to have someone with Mickey’s knowledge of our business and the broad commercial marketplace in this position to help drive our strategy forward.”
Mickey was previously Head of Wealth Management Business Development for the Americas region. He is based in the Philadelphia office and has been with the company since 2011, joining from Brandywine Global. Mickey received his undergraduate and MBA degrees from Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business.
Aberdeen Standard Investments manages $68.6bn (as of December 31st 2019) in assets across the North Americas region across equities, fixed income, alternative investment strategies, private markets, multi asset and commodities.
Aberdeen Standard Investments
+1 215 687 8049
Notes to editors
About Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a leading global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients.
- With over 1,000 investment professionals we manage $644.5 billion* of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which they invest.
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, strong investment performance.
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is the asset management business of Standard Life Aberdeen plc, one of the world’s largest investment companies.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Standard Life Aberdeen group was formed by the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC on August 14, 2017.
* Standard Life Aberdeen AUM as of December 31, 2019.