Invest today. Change tomorrow.
Part of our DNA since 1992
Corporate Governance team established
First ethical fund launched
Joined UK Sustainable Investment and Finance Association
Established Socially Responsible Investment team
Founder member of Eurosif
Became member of Asian Corporate Governance Association
Published first Real Estate SRI Policy
Founder member of UK Corporate Governance Forum
Became member of Carbon Disclosure Project
Dedicated ESG resource in real estate
Founding signatory of UN Principles for Responsible Investment
Founder member of International Sustainability Alliance
Euro SRI Fund launched.
Enhanced voting disclosure developed
Became members of Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark
Published first Governance & Stewardship Annual Report.
Established ESG Investment Quarterly Report
Extel Award No1 leading asset manager for SRI/ESG
ESG on-desk analysts established on equity teams
Founder member Investment Advisory Group of Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
First impact fund launched
Dedicated ESG resource fixed income
Awarded First General Research Ethics Board 5-star rating
Establishment of cross-asset class ESG Investment Forum
Responsible Investing videos
A sustainable future for us all
ESG Quarterly Report
Our informative quarterly report provides a summary of our research, company engagement and voting activities. Highlights include:
- We are strong advocates of active stewardship. Equity specialist Fiona Manning brings the topic to life with her own experiences investing in emerging markets.
- Climate change is one of the most pressing issues facing the world today. It is also a key factor in relation to our investment strategy. We summarise our recently published paper.
- Green bonds – we take a closer look at why we think it’s important that perfection does not become the enemy of good for this growing source of funding.
- From Asia, we delve deeper into the continued growth of royalty fees in India.
- Finally, we have an overview of the companies we have engaged with this quarter.
Engagement and voting summary
|Voting summary Q4 2019||Total|
|Shareholder meetings at which our clients’ shares were voted||538|
|Percentage of meetings with at least one vote against or abstention||34.9%|
|Number of resolutions voted||3,840|
|Percentage of resolutions voted with management recommendations||90.3%|
|Percentage of resolutions voted against management recommendations||9.1%|
|Percentage of abstentions||0.5%|