Active equity investors who believe that deep fundamental research and a disciplined investment process drive strong client outcomes
Equity markets continue to offer significant growth and income potential to long-term investors, enabling them to share in the performance of both developed and emerging economies.
As leading active equity investors, we believe that fundamental company research drives performance. We focus our global resources on gaining deep understanding of individual companies and the sectors they operate in, building high-conviction portfolios that give investors direct access to our best ideas.
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations are core to our approach. By actively engaging with companies on ESG issues and fully integrating these insights into our stock research and decision making, we look aim to enhance investor returns and reduce risk.
Our broad range of equity strategies include:
- Global equities – includes core, unconstrained, ethical and income-oriented strategies
- UK equities – includes core, income, unconstrained, high-alpha and ethical
- European equities – includes core, income, ethical and unconstrained
- Global Emerging Market equities – includes single country and pan-regional portfolios, using core, income, unconstrained, enhanced diversification and midcap strategies
- Asia Pacific exc. Japan – includes single country and regional strategies
- US equities – includes core, unconstrained and income strategies
- Smaller companies – across all major and emerging markets
Local presence – global insight
Aberdeen Standard Investments has a strong history of managing equity portfolios across multiple market cycles. We now manage more than £121.1bn /$149.2bn * in client equity mandates.
We maintain a deep local presence across markets. Our 149 equity investment professionals cover around 3,000 stocks globally and conduct around 7,500 company meetings a year. Insight is shared and rigorously peer-reviewed, within and across teams, so only those considered the strongest investment opportunities are included in portfolios.
Focus on client goals
Our disciplined research-driven approach is applied to meet distinct client goals – from “high active” portfolios aiming to deliver long-term outperformance, to income strategies targeting a premium yield, and values-based strategies designed to meet specific ethical, socially responsible and impact-investing goals.
*Source: Aberdeen Standard Investments, June 30, 2019.