PHILADELPHIA — Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) will showcase its New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)-listed commodity exchange traded funds (ETFs) to the market by ringing The Closing Bell at 4:00 pm EST today.
Joining Chris Demetriou, Chief Executive Officer – Americas, at the NYSE will be Steve Dunn, Head of Exchange Traded Funds, members of the ETF business and Aberdeen Standard Investments’ regional operating committee.
The introduction of the ETFs at the NYSE marks the latest stage in the evolution of the company’s US business. It has grown steadily over the past 20 years and now has $66.4 billion in assets under management (AUM) as of September 30, 2018. Last year’s acquisition of the ETF Securities US business has expanded the capabilities available to ASI’s investors. They include a broad suite of active and passive solutions.
The commodity-based ETFs have approximately $2.2 billion in AUM as of Sept. 30, 2018. The funds track physical prices or share prices of a range of individual or baskets of commodities and precious metals less the Trust’s expenses.
The range includes one of the largest and lowest cost option of its kind. The Aberdeen Standard Physical Swiss Gold Shares ETF (NYSE Arca: SGOL), trades in physical gold, tracking the price of gold bullion less the Trust’s expenses.
The firm’s approach to ETF investment is built on understanding investors’ changing needs. This involves constructing accessible solutions that enable investors to diversify their portfolios beyond traditional asset classes and strategies.
ASI has also launched a marketing campaign with digital and television ads focused on its platform of commodity-based ETFs. This complements the firm’s global brand campaign, Extraordinary Connections. The campaign will increase awareness of the eight Aberdeen Standard NYSE listed ETFs:
- Aberdeen Standard Bloomberg All Commodity Longer Dated Strategy K-1 Free ETF (NYSE: BCD)
- Aberdeen Standard Bloomberg All Commodity Strategy K-1 Free ETF (NYSE: BCI)
- Aberdeen Standard Bloomberg Energy Commodity Longer Dated Strategy k-1 Free ETF (NYSE: BEF)
- Aberdeen Standard Physical Palladium Shares ETF (NYSE: PALL)
- Aberdeen Standard Physical Platinum Shares ETF (NYSE: PPLT)
- Aberdeen Standard Physical Precious Metals Basket Shares ETF (NYSE: GLTR)
- Aberdeen Standard Physical Silver Shares ETF (NYSE: SIVR)
- Aberdeen Standard Physical Swiss Gold Shares ETF (NYSE: SGOL)
Chris Demetriou, Chief Executive Officer –Americas at Aberdeen Standard Investments commented:
“As the needs of our clients and the investment landscape continue to evolve, we want to provide a range of diverse solutions and products to fit them. For some, active solutions will be right and, for others, passive and smart beta options will be preferred.
“ASI has been offering passive, quant and smart beta solutions for some years, managing over $84 billion in assets in these strategies. The expansion of our capabilities with the acquisition of the ETF Securities US ETF business last year shows our commitment to providing the largest range of solutions to the US market.”
A live webcast of the event can be accessed at www.nyse.com/bell beginning at 3:55 p.m. EST.
Additional information on Aberdeen Standard Investment’s ETFs is available at:
Notes to editors
- Aberdeen Standard Investments has relationships with around 500 financial sponsors across approximately 1000 funds globally.
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a leading global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
- With over 1,000 investment professionals we manage $684.6 billion* of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which they invest.
- We are high-conviction; long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance. We are resolute in our commitment to active asset management.
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is the asset management business of Standard Life Aberdeen plc, one of the world’s largest investment companies.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Standard Life Aberdeen group was formed by the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC on 14 August 2017.
*Standard Life Aberdeen AUM/AUA is US$735 billion as of September 30, 2018.
Aberdeen Standard Investments is a brand of the investment businesses of Standard Life Aberdeen plc, its affiliates and subsidiaries. In the United States, Aberdeen Standard Investments is the marketing name for the following affiliated, registered investment advisers: Aberdeen Standard Investments Inc., Aberdeen Asset Managers Ltd., Aberdeen Standard Investments Australia Ltd., Aberdeen Standard Investments (Asia) Ltd., Aberdeen Capital Management, LLC, Aberdeen Standard Investments ETFs Advisors LLC and Standard Life Investments (Corporate Funds) Ltd.
ALPS Distributors, Inc. is the marketing agent for Aberdeen Standard Silver ETF Trust, Aberdeen Standard Gold ETF Trust, Aberdeen Standard Platinum ETF Trust, Ab erdeen Standard Palladium ETF Trust and the Aberdeen Standard Precious Metals Basket ETF Trust. ALPS Distributors, Inc. is the distributor for the Aberdeen Standard Investments ETFs.
Risk Warnings: Exchange traded securities may or may not be suitable for a particular investor. The price of exchange traded securities may go up or down and an investor may not get back the amount invested. Exchange traded securities are priced in either US dollars or Euros and the value of the investment in other currencies will be affected by exchange rate movements. To the extent exchange traded securities are traded in other currencies, their value may also be affected by exchange rate movements. Futures trading is speculative and may result in losses. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Restricted Investors: The distribution of the prospectus and the offering, sale and delivery of exchange traded securities in certain jurisdictions may be restrict ed by law. Any subscription for exchange traded securities should be made on the basis of the prospectus.
Disclaimer: Any investment in exchange traded securities carries with it certain risks, including those risks set out in the prospectus. You should obtain your own independent financial, taxation and legal advice before making any decisions about an investment in exchange traded securities. This information is not an offer for exchange traded securities and should not be used as the basis for any investment decision.
Diversification does not eliminate the risk of experiencing investment losses.
An investor should consider the investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses of the ETFs carefully before investing. To obtain a prospectus containing this and other important information, call 844-ETFs-BUY (844-383-7289) or visit www.aberdeenstandardetfs.us. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
This information does not constitute financial product advice.
Steven Dunn is a registered representative of ALPS Distributors, Inc.
There are risks associated with investing including possible loss of principal.
ALPS is not affiliated with Aberdeen Standard Investments.