PHILADELPHIA — Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) has launched four equity mutual funds as part of a move to cement its position as a market leader in ESG investing.
The Sustainable Leaders Funds will seek to generate strong long-term performance by investing in financially attractive companies that have been identified as current and emerging leaders in managing environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities. In addition to identifying current or emerging sustainable leaders through bottom up fundamental research, limited negative screens will be used to rule out a list of unacceptable activities, which we believe clients will want to avoid exposure to.
The funds are called: Aberdeen International Sustainable Leaders Fund, Aberdeen US Sustainable Leaders Smaller Companies Fund, Aberdeen US Sustainable Leaders Multi Cap Fund and Aberdeen Emerging Markets Sustainable Leaders Fund.
Ralph Bassett, Head of North American equities, explains: “Globally we are respected for our history and capability in responsible investing. This suite of products will allow us to showcase the best of our fundamental research in a form being demanded by North American clients. We believe that ESG analysis and corporate engagement can mitigate risks and enhance returns for our clients, as companies with robust ESG practices tend to enjoy long-term financial benefits.”
ASI has been integrating ESG factors into the equity invesment process since 1992. The company has one of the largest dedicated ESG resouces in the industry with a 20-strong central ESG team, eight ESG equity specialists embedded in investment teams, and 140 equity investment managers who are responsible for the ESG assesments of the companies we research.
Alan Goodson, Head of Product and Client Solutions, says: “ESG and Sustanability are now a priority in for many clients when making long term investment decisions. At ASI, providing solutions for client needs is at the core of everything we do and never more so when those needs conflate with the decades of market knowlegde and insight that ASI offers.”
Aberdeen Standard Investments
+1 215 687 8049
Notes to editors
About Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a leading global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients.
- With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage $562.9 billion* of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which they invest.
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, strong investment performance.
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is the asset management business of Standard Life Aberdeen plc, one of the world’s largest investment companies.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Standard Life Aberdeen group was formed by the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC on August 14, 2017.
* Standard Life Aberdeen AUM as of June 30, 2020.
There can be no assurance that the Funds will achieve their investment objectives.
Investors should carefully consider a fund’s investment objectives, risks, fees, charges and expenses before investing any money. To obtain this and other fund information, please call 866-667-9231 to request a summary prospectus and/or prospectus, or download at www.aberdeenstandard.us. Please read the summary prospectus and/or prospectus carefully before investing any money.
Aberdeen Fund Distributors, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aberdeen Asset Management Inc. Aberdeen Asset Management Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Standard Life Aberdeen Plc. Aberdeen Funds and Aberdeen Investment Funds are distributed by Aberdeen Fund Distributors LLC, Member FINRA and SIPC. 1900 Market Street, Suite 200, Philadelphia PA, 19103
NOT FDIC INSURED | NO BANK GUARANTEE | MAY LOSE VALUE