Ryder Cup voucher: Terms and conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions for this Prize Draw (the “Terms”)
By entering this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”), all participants are deemed to have read these Terms and agree to be bound by them. The decision of Aberdeen Standard Investments, Worldwide Partner of The 2018 Ryder Cup, a company registered in Scotland (company number SC123321) with its registered office at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL (the “Promoter” or “we”) is final on all matters relating to the Prize Draw and the Terms, and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these Terms.
1. The Prize Draw is free to enter and open to all persons who (a) if entering on Twitter, retweet a tweet posted by @ASInvestmentsUK referencing these Terms and tag @ASInvestmentsUK in such retweet (“Twitter Entry”); and/or (b) if entering on Facebook, comment on the post that references these Terms posted by the ‘Aberdeen Standard Investments Global’ Facebook page (“Facebook Entry”) on or after Tuesday 28th August, 2018 provided that you are UK resident aged 18 years or over and are not an employee, immediate family member of an employee (including live-in partner or household member) of the Promoter or its group nor a third party directly associated with administration of the Prize Draw.
2. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59:59 on 6 September 2018 (the “Closing Date”). Any entries (a) following the Closing Date; (b) incomplete; or (c) otherwise illegible will not be accepted and you will not be entered into the Prize Draw. Any entries that contain any sexual, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory content will not be accepted.
3. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when entering the Prize Draw, the Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete Prize Draw entries and any incomplete Prize Draw entries will not be considered valid for entry into the Prize Draw.
4. There are 10 prizes to be won by Facebook Entry and 10 prizes to be won by Twitter Entry. The prizes are as follows (individually a “Prize” and together the “Prizes”):
(a) If entering by Facebook Entry, two tickets to the Ryder Cup at Le Golf National (the “Ryder Cup”) on Saturday 29th September 2018 or, if entering by Twitter Entry, two tickets to the Ryder Cup on Sunday 30th September; and
(b) Winners (as defined in clause 8 below) by Facebook Entry and Twitter Entry will each receive two guest access passes to the Ryder Cup Loire Lounger, located on the 7th hole of the Albatros Course at Le Golf National from 07:30 – 19:00 on the date of entry to the Ryder Cup (food and drink not included).
5. Each Winner’s nominated guest must be 16 years or over. The Prize is for personal use of the Winner and their nominated guest. Neither the Winner nor their nominated guest may sell the Prize under any circumstances.
6. The Prizes do not include accommodation, any travel, meals, trips, travel insurance, taxes, service charges, or any other service or item not specifically listed in clause 5 above.
7. The winners will be chosen by random draw (individually a “Winner” and together the “Winners” or “you”) performed by an automated computer process on or around 5th September 2018 (“Draw Date”). The Winners will be notified on or around 5th September 2018 by either (a) direct message on Facebook if a Winner entered by Facebook Entry; or (b) direct message on Twitter if a Winner entered by Twitter Entry and each Winner must provide a postal address to claim their Prize . If a Winner (a) does not respond to the Promoter within 48 hours of being notified by the Promoter; or (b) is not able or available to accept the Prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s control, then the Winner’s Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. The Promoter will not be responsible for Prizes that do not reach Winners for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
8. Each Prize will be sent to a Winner by post within 3 days of the Closing Date.
9. The Prizes are supplied by third parties and such third parties are not participants or sponsors of this Prize Draw. The Promoter reserves the right to replace any Prize with a similar prize if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so. The Promoter will not offer any form of compensation, financial or otherwise. In the unlikely event that Ryder Cup does not take place or does not take place on the date(s) specified, the Promoter is unable to offer additional alternative opportunity or any other compensation.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
11. The Winner and nominated guest must comply with all applicable laws which apply in the country in which the Ryder Cup takes place.
12. Each Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash equivalent, choice (other than as stated in these Terms) or alternative prize will be available. Each Prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions that are reproduced or referenced at the Ryder Cup, on the Prize voucher and on any related website. Each Prize will be awarded to the Winners selected in accordance with these Terms.
13. Any personal information collected from you by the Promoter will be used lawfully in accordance with the Terms and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection Regulations), and solely for the purposes of identifying and contacting each Winner or otherwise in accordance with a Facebook Entry or Twitter Entry. By accepting the Prize, each Winner agrees that the Promoter or any other company member of the Standard Life Aberdeen group (being Standard Life Aberdeen plc and its subsidiaries from time to time) may publish each Winner’s name, location and photograph for event publicity purposes. You agree that the copyright (if any) and all other rights, title and interest in and to any contribution by you shall vest in and be irrevocably assigned to the Promoter.
14. We may refuse or disqualify any Facebook Entry or Twitter Entry (including entries by Winners), if we have good reason to believe that you have broken these Terms or if you or anyone authorised by you to deal with your Facebook Entry or Twitter Entry acts in a way towards us which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the Winner is disqualified, we can give the Prize to another person who entered the Prize Draw on these Terms.
15. Singular terms include the plural and these Terms will be interpreted in accordance with English law. If any provision of these Terms proves to be illegal or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions remaining in full force and effect. Any disputes will be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.