1. The personal information we collect and how we use it
We may collect information about you and use it in the following ways:
- We may collect personal information about you from applications or forms you may complete, agreements you enter into with us or in the course of your establishing or maintaining a client relationship with us regarding an investment product or vehicle including your name, postal and email address, debit card details, ongoing statements and other related information. This is to allow us to complete your transaction and also to provide confirmation of the transaction to you.
- When you browse the website we will store information as to how you use the website in order to improve the quality of service provided to you. For example, it will allow us to decide the most appropriate site layout and navigation.
- We may collect information concerning the attachments you open with newsletters that are sent to you electronically.
- We also use the information we collect in order to inform you about changes to the website and, subject to any applicable local laws, other information that we think may be of interest and/or useful to you including our products and services. Of course, you are not required to supply any of the personal information that we may request. However, failure to do so may result in us not being able to provide services offered by Aberdeen Standard Investments to you.
2. Who we disclose the personal information to
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties, except as described in this Policy. Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with non-affiliated companies who perform support services on our behalf including those that provide professional, legal or accounting advice to Aberdeen Standard Investments. These companies are required to ensure appropriate security measures are in place and maintain the confidentiality of such information to the extent they receive it, and to use your personal information only in the course of providing such services and only for the purposes that Aberdeen Standard Investments dictates. These non-affiliated companies, however, may be based in countries where privacy laws do not exist or provide less protection than the laws in the EU. We may also disclose your personal information to fulfil your instructions or pursuant to your express consent. Finally, under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations, for instance, when responding to proceedings of a court of law or similar legal process, to protect against fraud, and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities. You should know that Aberdeen Standard Investments does not sell your personal information.
3. Changes to the Policy
Please be aware that this Policy may be updated at any time. As such, please ensure that you regularly read the latest version of this page.
If you have a complaint relating to the Policy or a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles you can contact us.
Address: Complaints Handling Officer/Client Service Manager
Aberdeen Standard Investments
GPO Box 4306
Sydney NSW 2001, Australia
Telephone: Calling within Australia (toll free) 1800 636 888
Calling from outside Australia +61 2 9950 2853
Aberdeen Standard Investments has a Complaints Handling Officer who is responsible for ensuring that complaints are dealt with appropriately and in accordance with our complaints handling process. When a complaint is received we acknowledge and record the details in our Complaints Register. We review the merits of the complaint, determine appropriate action to address the concern and keep you informed of our progress. Our aim is to resolve a complaint as quickly as possible and provide a final response to you within 45 days.
If, despite our best efforts, you are not satisfied with the outcome or believe your complaint has not been satisfactorily dealt with you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Their contact details are:
Address: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
If you have any questions relating to the Policy or how we use the personal information we have about you, please contact our Client Services team by phone on 1800 636 888 or +61 2 9950 2853 if calling from outside Australia.