Spectrum of Integration
Our investment strategies follow a broad range of SMARTER Beta™ equity indices*.
*It is not possible to purchase an index directly.
Seven salient features of SMARTER Beta™ equity indices and funds
1) SMARTER Beta™ = Systematic, Multifactor, Affordable, Resilient, Transparent, ESG Inside, and RIPE Factors™
2) RIPE = Robust, Intuitive, Persistent, and Empirical (RIPE)
3) As per our volatility comparison and analytics with MSCI All Country World Index. Our approach makes use of a broader universe, has exposure to a greater number of outperforming risk premia, fully integrates ESG, is rebalanced more often to maintain targeted factor exposures (ie prevents factor decay), those rebalances are not advertised in advance to the wider market (so we cannot be front-run), and our final index is more concentrated in terms of security holdings vis-à-vis competing designs (which provides a higher active share relative to the market cap equivalent and other smart beta designs). Source: Aberdeen Asset Management and MSCI.
Source: MSCI. The MSCI information may only be used for your internal use, may not be reproduced or redisseminated in any form and may not be used as a basis for or a component of any financial instruments or products or indices. None of the MSCI information is intended to constitute investment advice or a recommendation to make (or refrain from making) any kind of investment decision and may not be relied on as such. Historical data and analysis, should not be taken as an indication or guarantee of any future performance analysis forecast or prediction. The MSCI information is provided on an “as is” basis and the user of this information assumes the entire risk of any use made of this information. MSCI, each of its affiliates and each other person involved in or related to compiling, computing or creating any MSCI information (collectively, the “MSCI” Parties) expressly disclaims all warranties (including without limitation, any warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to this information. Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no event shall any MSCI Party have any liability for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, consequential (including, without limitation, lost profits) or any other damages (www.msci.com).
4) ESG = Environmental, Social, and Governance
5) V&E = Voting and Engagement