Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) announces the appointment of Andrew Hendry as Head of Distribution – Asia Pacific. Andrew will be responsible for driving the distribution strategy to accelerate business growth across the region.
Andrew will work closely with the leadership and business development teams in Asia Pacific to develop and implement the distribution strategy across the institutional, private banking, wholesale and retail channels. ASI manages US$30.7 billion for clients located in the region (as at 31 December 2017). Andrew will report to Campbell Fleming, Global Head of Distribution (based in London) and Hugh Young, Head of Asia Pacific (based in Singapore).
Andrew brings to the team over two decades of experience in the asset management industry and deep knowledge of markets in Asia and Europe. He was most recently Managing Director at Westoun Advisors, where he advised asset managers on strategic expansion, global distribution and capital raising. Prior to that, he was Managing Director at M&G Investments Asia, where he launched the company’s Asia business and focused on raising assets from institutional investors and private banks. Previously he worked at The Capital Group Companies in Singapore and Switzerland managing its global distribution business and private banking client relationships.
Campbell Fleming, Global Head of Distribution, Aberdeen Standard Investments said:
“Asia Pacific is a key focus for our global distribution strategy. Andrew’s track record in developing international fund distribution businesses and strong understanding of client needs will support our growth ambition in the region. We are seeing positive business momentum in Asia Pacific, which reflects a growing recognition among investors of the breadth and depth of our asset management capability and strong investment performance.”
Hugh Young, Head of Asia Pacific, Aberdeen Standard Investments said:
“As our business continues to expand, having the appropriate team and expertise in place will help us deliver the right solutions for our clients. We have built a strong distribution network across ten Asia Pacific markets over the years, offering investors a comprehensive range of solutions encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset, real estate, private markets and quantitative strategies. Andrew’s leadership will be important as we look to deepen our relationships with these investors and broaden our distribution footprint.”
+852 3589 3151
Notes to editors
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a leading global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
- With over 1,000 investment professionals we manage $778.8 billion (£575.7 billion)* of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which they invest.
- We are high-conviction; long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance. We are resolute in our commitment to active asset management.
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is the asset management business of Standard Life Aberdeen plc, one of the world’s largest investment companies.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Standard Life Aberdeen group was formed by the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC on 14 August 2017.
*as at 31 December 2017
Aberdeen Standard Investments is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction.
This communication is available for distribution by the following Aberdeen Asset Management affiliate:
Hong Kong by Aberdeen Standard Investments (Hong Kong) Limited. This document has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission.
Singapore by Aberdeen Asset Management Asia Limited, Registration Number 199105448E.
The United Kingdom by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Registered Office: 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1YG. Registered in Scotland No. 108419.
Standard Life Investments companies:
Standard Life Investments (Hong Kong) Limited is licensed with and regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Standard Life Investments Limited.
Standard Life Investments Limited is registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Standard Life Investments Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.