Dirk Schulze has joined Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) as Managing Director of Aberdeen Standard Investments Luxembourg S.A.
Dirk Schulze has joined ASI on Oct 15th as head of the Luxembourg office and managing director of Aberdeen Standard Investments Luxembourg S.A.being the successor of Steen Foldberg who headed the Luxembourg office since July 2017.
Dirk was previously Chief Executive Officer of Nordea Investment Funds S.A. in Luxembourg and has also served as independent Conducting Officer and Board Director. Also, as Managing Director of both Sparinvest S.A. and Warburg Invest Luxembourg S.A. (now LRI Capital Management S.A., part of Apex Group) Dirk builds-upon an expertise and network of more than 20 years in Luxembourg.
Dirk is reporting to the Head of UK & EMEA, Gary Marshall.
Dirk Schulze, Managing Director, Aberdeen Standard Investments Luxembourg says:
“I am truly delighted to join Aberdeen Standard Investments. Its long and well-established presence in Luxembourg, its purpose – to invest for a better future – and a real sense of dedicated client focus ensured by an excellent and engaged team cater for the continuation of a success story.”
It is a privilege to actively accompany one of the largest investment managers in Europe in achieving its goal of creating long-term value for its clients by bridging the tremendous scale and expertize of a globally operating organization with the possibilities that solutions made in Luxembourg can offer.
Steen has been a cornerstone in paving the way for the organization’s future development and success and has enabled a smooth transition”
Steen Foldberg, comments:
“I joined the company in Luxembourg with a responsibility to oversee the merger and creation of Aberdeen Standard Investments, and to help prepare for Brexit readiness. This has been accomplished and been a fantastic experience working with such a dedicated team. We saw our assets nearly double to more than 100 Bn Euro in the last two years and I am very proud of what the team achieved.
As such, and after nearly 40 years in Asset Management, Banking, and Fintec, the last 30 years in Luxembourg, I am looking forward to my retirement in Luxembourg. Besides my family and many hobbies, I will remain linked to the financial industry as an Independent Director.
I will clearly miss the team and the daily challenges but good things come to an end. With the existing leadership team, the strong staff and with Dirk’s great experience, I am certain that they will take the company to the next level.”
Aberdeen Standard Investments Luxembourg S.A. has established a strong foundation in Luxembourg and is operating in the Grand Duchy since 2006, being considered as a key location due to its worldwide cross-border funds operations.
+44 1313 72 2266
Notes to editors
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a leading global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
- With over 1,000 investment professionals we manage €587.6bn of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which they invest.
- We are high-conviction; long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance. We are resolute in our commitment to active asset management.
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is the asset management business of Standard Life Aberdeen plc, one of the world’s largest investment companies.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Standard Life Aberdeen group was formed by the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC on 14 August 2017.
*as at 30 June 2019
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction.
Issued in EU countries by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, registered in Scotland (SC108419) at 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen, AB10 1XL. Standard Life Investments Limited registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Both companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.