Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) has launched a new Global Innovation Equity Fund (the “Fund”), seeking to invest in companies with strong cultures of innovation across the globe.
The Luxembourg-domiciled Aberdeen Standard SICAV I – Global Innovation Equity Fund will invest in all-caps and will not be restricted to the technology sector. The investment approach will deliberately transcend geographies and sectors so as to capture the innovations that lead to change throughout society and as such, seeking to drive positive returns for investors.
Andy Brown, Investment Director at Aberdeen Standard Investments said: “At ASI, we think that companies with an innovative culture can build lasting competitive advantages and benefit from profound changes in their markets or businesses. Throughout history, successive waves of innovation have driven economic progress. Over the last 250 years there have been six major ‘waves’ of innovation. From steam power to automation, these waves tend to last decades. This makes them durable drivers of growth. By identifying these waves and finding innovative companies that will benefit them, we can make investment decisions that play out over not years, but decades.”
The Fund will be managed by a portfolio construction group (pod) within ASI’s Global Equities team and will also benefit from the extensive knowledge and expertise of our central team of ESG experts as well as ESG analysts within the wider Global Equities team. ASI achieved a UN PRI Assessment of A+ for active equity in 2020.
The Fund aims to provide long term growth by investing at least two thirds in companies listed globally of all sizes whose business models are focused on and/or benefit from all forms of innovation. We believe these innovative companies are able to drive outsize investment returns by capturing the bulk of the economic value created by waves of innovation. By investing in such companies, our aim over the decades to come is to stay at the forefront of progress on our clients’ behalves.
The Fund aims to outperform the MSCI AC World Index (USD) benchmark before charges.
+44 (0) 7711 774017
Notes to editors
- The Fund aims to achieve growth by investing in global innovative companies. The Fund aims to outperform the MSCI AC World Index (USD)benchmark before charges.
- The Fund’s Asset Management Charge (AMC) amounts to 0.75% per annum for institutional investors and 1.75% per annum for retail investors.
- The 150-strong Equities at ASI has depth and breadth in equity research, with a fundamental, bottom-up and ESG-integrated investment approach. The 16-strong global equity team benefit from the broad research platform in the discovery of innovation themed stocks.
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £455.6 billion* of assets worldwide. We have clients in c.80 countries supported by over 40 offices globally. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (*as of 30 June 2020)
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- You can access the Aberdeen Standard Investments media centre here: https://www.aberdeenstandard.com/news-and-media
For Professional Investors only
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Past performance is not a guide to future results. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each investor and may be subject to change in the future. We recommend that you seek financial advice prior to making an investment decision.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction. Any research or analysis used to derive, or in relation to, the above information has been procured by us for our own use, without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific investor, and may have been acted on for own purpose. No warranty is given as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this communication and no liability for errors or omissions in such information. Readers must make assessments to the relevance, accuracy and adequacies of the information contained in this communication and make independent investigations, as they may consider necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessments. Any opinion or estimate contained in this communication, are made on a general basis. No information contained herein constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice, or an invitation to apply for securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or in which the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so.
Issued in the United Kingdom (UK) by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, registered in Scotland (SC108419) at 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen, AB10 1XL, and Standard Life Investments Limited registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Both companies are authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Issued in Ireland by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, registered in Scotland (SC108419) at 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen, AB10 1XL, and Standard Life Investments Limited registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Both companies are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK.