Our active equity approach is simple: find high-quality companies at the right price – then hold them for the long term to realise their full potential.
- Bottom-up investment style, emphasising company fundamentals
- Team approach, with asset managers based in the regions where we invest
- We aim to add value by identifying good quality stocks that are attractively priced and avoid businesses that we do not understand
- First-hand company research
- No investment made without having interviewed the company's management first
- Low portfolio turnover, buying stocks and holding them for the long term
Capabilities in focus
Shares in smaller companies often offer exposure to parts of the economy that are not typically represented in large-cap indices. Additionally, the businesses of these smaller companies may be in earlier stages of their development, thus offering the potential for rapid growth. Smaller companies tend to attract less analyst coverage than their larger peers. This means that there may be greater and more frequent discrepancies between their fundamentals and their market valuations – creating a good environment for bottom-up stock-pickers.