We seek to provide our clients with simple solutions to meet their increasingly complex investment needs. We focus on markets and managers rather than individual stocks or bonds; this approach enables us to build multi-asset portfolios to meet a range of client objectives.
- Includes absolute return, enhanced diversification, and traditional balanced and tactical asset allocation
- Combines bottom-up analysis with top-down strategy
- Our expert risk management aims to enable portfolios to perform in any environment
- Our research team consists of specialist asset allocators and bottom-up manager researchers
- We draw on the insights of our quantitative investment and alternatives specialists within the broader group, as well as the experts in our fixed-income, property and equity teams
Capabilities in focus
Multi-asset strategies can provide valuable diversification to investors’ portfolios by investing in a broad spectrum of asset classes. These can include traditional portfolio staples such as equities, bonds and property, but also alternatives such as absolute return, private equity and emerging-market debt. To obtain further diversification, these strategies can include less well-known alternatives, including aircraft leasing, peer-to-peer lending and renewable infrastructure.
Absolute-return strategies aim to deliver positive returns regardless of market conditions. They may do this by investing in a wide range of asset classes and by employing unconventional investment approaches such as short-selling, whereby shares in a company are borrowed rather than bought, then sold with the aim of buying them back more cheaply when the price has fallen. Other approaches employed by an absolute-return fund may include arbitrage, derivatives, leverage and unconventional assets.