Stewardship & ESG
While the consideration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors is embedded across our overall investment process, we also offer bespoke ESG client solutions to meet specific investment needs. There are several core principles which underpin our engagement process.
The key features of our Stewardship and ESG approach include:
- Strategy and management - our analysts spend time with the management teams of the companies we invest in. This can involve 1-1 meetings and also participation at key shareholder meetings.
- ESG - the companies we invest in pay close attention to issues of corporate governance and holistic risk management; ensure compliance with all regulations and laws; and promote good conduct at all times. We have a zero tolerance policy for bribery and corruption.
- Corporate culture - we look for ambitious companies that do the 'right thing' for their employees, customers and shareholders. We expect to see the fostering of solid teamwork throughout the organisation.
- People and diversity - the companies we invest in pay particular attention to diversity and inclusiveness within the working environment, a considered approach to training and development and a fair and transparent remuneration policy.
- Looking after customers - we believe that companies who put customers first are most likely to deliver better longer-term results. This means creating quality products and services, being transparent, having sound business practices, and looking after their customers' information securely.
- Delivering for shareholders - we expect the companies we invest in to create value not only for shareholders but for all stakeholders: customers, employees and suppliers.
Our Q2 2018 report of activities on Global ESG Investment is now available. Click here to read it.
Our 2018 Principles for Responsible Investing Assessment Report (SLI) is now available. Click here to read it.
Our 2018 Principles for Responsible Investing Assessment Report (AAM) is now available. Click here to read it.