Fund Valuation and Fund Accounting Functions
AIAMSB appointed Deutsche Trustee Malaysia Berhad as its fund valuation and fund accounting agent. Deutsche Trustees Malaysia Berhad (“DTMB”) was incorporated in Malaysia on 22 February 2007 and commenced business in May 2007. Its roles and responsibilities as the fund valuation and fund accounting agent include:
- Maintaining financial accounting records of portfolio including all transactions data, records and investment ledgers
- Monitoring and recording of corporate actions
- Performing cash and securities reconciliation with financial institutions and custodian records
- Performing valuation of the investments and the fund
- Provision of a reporting package that includes statement of assets and liabilities, statement of income and expenditure, portfolio valuation report and transaction schedules
- Providing relevant information to facilitate the preparation of statistical returns for submission to regulatory bodies
- Submitting accounts/accounting records to the appointed external auditor and providing relevant information for disclosure in the annual financial statements, whenever applicable.
Registrar and Transfer Agency Functions
AIAMSB appointed Karvy Computershare (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (“Karvy”) as the registrar and transfer agent. Karvy was incorporated in Malaysia on 8 March 2016. The roles and duties of Karvy as the registrar and transfer agent include:
- New account opening including registration, KYC, FATCA,CRS and all transactions data.
- Trade acceptance workflow for subscription, redemption, switching and other trade.
- Transaction processing
- Corporate action for Income Distribution / Units Split
- New fund launch to facilitate fund setup
- End of Day process
- MIS reporting for daily , monthly or yearly as well ad- hoc reporting
- Banking & Reconciliation with financial institutions
- Agency/IUTA/Distributor Process which include registration, FEL commission and Trail Fee computation
- Submitting accounts to the appointed external auditor and providing relevant information for disclosure in the annual financial statements