Aberdeen Standard Investments has confirmed a new three-year charity partnership with London’s Air Ambulance, having supported the charity since 2012. The new partnership, that will run until 2023, will continue to provide lifesaving funding to the London’s Air Ambulance service, whose advanced trauma team treat critically injured patients on the roadside and serve the ten million people living and working within London and the M25.
London's Air Ambulance Charity is the only charity of its kind in London to perform immediate life-saving medical procedures normally only found in a hospital emergency department, at the scene of an accident. Since 2012 - when Aberdeen Standard Investments first started supporting the charity – London’s Air Ambulance has treated 14,761 critically injured patients and the partnership has seen both Aberdeen Standard Investments and London’s Air Ambulance share some special moments in the charity’s 31-year history. Most notably the acquisition of a second helicopter that was put into service in 2016.
Claire Drummond, Head of Charitable Giving for Aberdeen Standard Investments, said:“We are really pleased to announce our continued support of London's Air Ambulance and help the charity to maintain its vital first aid service. With a large workforce based in London we are proud to be associated with the work they do and are pleased to be delivering a positive impact to the communities in which we operate. London is incredibly fortunate to be home to this world-class medical charity and it deserves as much support as it can get.”
Jonathan Jenkins, CEO, London’s Air Ambulance Charity, said:“At this challenging time, we are especially delighted to hear our valued long-term partner, Aberdeen Standard Investments, has extended its partnership with the charity up to 2023. Since 2012 this partnership has enabled London’s Air Ambulance to attend to 14,761 critically injured patients across the Capital. We look forward to continuing this vital partnership with the London team over at Aberdeen Standard Investments and engaging staff with some exciting events and volunteering.”
London’s Air Ambulance continues to rely heavily on charitable donations to maintain its life-saving service for London. Aberdeen Standard Investments’ support will contribute towards this and in addition to the support, the partnership will see the Aberdeen Standard Investments logo continue to be proudly positioned on the helicopter tail, be supported by numerous employee fundraising and volunteering activities, as well as various speaker opportunities.
Robin Spring, Sponsorship Communications Manager.
+44 (0) 7786 17 7334
Notes to editors
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £455.6 billion/$562.9 billion* of assets worldwide. We have clients in c.80 countries supported by over 40 offices globally. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (*as of 30 June 2020)
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has over 1 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- You can access the Aberdeen Standard Investments media centre here:
- Through the Standard Life Aberdeen Charitable Foundation (SLACF) we direct funding to charities around the globe, with the aim of having a meaningful and measurable impact. SLACF is a registered charity with OSCR, the Scottish Charity Regulator (registered charity number SC042597)
- Find out more about the Standard Life Aberdeen Charitable Foundation by clicking here.
Aberdeen Standard Investments and London’s Air Ambulance – since 2012 the charity has…
- Treated over 14,000 critically injured patients
- Introduced the UK’s first Patient Liaison role, supporting patients with their transition back to independent living
- Launched the UK’s first undergraduate degree in pre-hospital medicine and more recently an MSc
- Performed the world’s first pre-hospital REBOA procedure now used throughout to stop patients from bleeding to death at the roadside
- Launched our dispatch app in partnership with EE, reducing the time to dispatch our teams
- Purchased our second helicopter – G-LNDN
- Extended our flying hours for the first time in our history during the longer summer days, enabling us to treat more patients
- Won numerous awards including the Pride of Britain Award in 2016
- Remodelled our PRU service which in recent months has provided essential relief to the NHS, bringing emergency medicine to people’s homes
- Introduced a consultant-led model, ensuring patients continue to have the best possible care
- Launched a landmark Whole Blood Study, trialling a new blood product in a bid to tackle catastrophic bleeding
- Marked our 30th Anniversary and announced our Royal Patron, HRH Duke of Cambridge