ABERDEEN STANDARD INVESTMENTS INVESTS £22M IN PORTFOLIO OF UK SOLAR FARMS
Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) infrastructure debt team has invested £22million in a portfolio of seven solar farms across the UK managed by Armstrong Capital, refinancing existing debt. The investment was made on behalf of our strategic clients such as Phoenix Group, amongst others. The investment will deliver a long-term, reliable, inflation-linked income stream until 2035, helping investors meet their future liabilities.
This year ASI have lent to a number of sectors within the renewables space, including UK wind power and Scandinavian district heating. This latest green investment demonstrates ASI’s continuing commitment to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations.
Marianne Zangerl, Investment Director - Infrastructure Debt at Aberdeen Standard Investments, said:
"This investment provides our clients with access to yields not available in public bonds of similar credit quality. Furthermore, the inflation protection matches our clients’ long term liabilities, and the green characteristics advance their ESG agenda.”
0131 372 1821
Notes to editors
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £525.7 billion of assets worldwide. We have clients in c.80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (*as of 30 June 2019)
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- You can access the Aberdeen Standard Investments media centre here: https://www.aberdeenstandard.com/news-and-media
- Armstrong Capital Management is a London based Asset Manager focused on the impact investment sector. Armstrong’s funding comes from both institutional and retail investors attracted to the core strategy of funding opportunities capable of delivering an environmental or social impact in parallel with attractive financial returns. For further information please visit https://www.armstrongcapital.co.uk/
For Professional Investors only
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Past performance is not a guide to future results. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each investor and may be subject to change in the future. We recommend that you seek financial advice prior to making an investment decision.
Aberdeen Standard Investments is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction. Any research or analysis used to derive, or in relation to, the above information has been procured by us for our own use, without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific investor, and may have been acted on for own purpose. No warranty is given as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this communication and no liability for errors or omissions in such information. Readers must make assessments to the relevance, accuracy and adequacies of the information contained in this communication and make independent investigations, as they may consider necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessments. Any opinion or estimate contained in this communication, are made on a general basis. No information contained herein constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice, or an invitation to apply for securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or in which the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so.
United Kingdom issued by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Registered Office: 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1XL. Registered in Scotland No. 108419.
Standard Life Investments companies: Standard Life Investments Limited is registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Standard Life Investments Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.