Aberdeen Standard Investments’ Infrastructure Debt Team has lent £40 million to the Wales and Borders rail franchise for essential upgrades to its rolling stock. The investment was made on behalf of the Firm’s strategic clients, including Phoenix Group, and its diversified private credit fund, the Secure Income & Cashflow Fund (SICF*). The investment will provide investors with a reliable income stream until 2048, helping them meet their future liabilities.
The £40 million will be used to purchase new rolling stock for the rural parts of the Welsh network and help deliver better transportation and social connectivity to regional Wales. The trains are set to be delivered over the next four years and will be first operated by KeolisAmey as the incumbent train operating company.
Jeremy Allcock, Head of Infrastructure Debt at Aberdeen Standard Investments, said:
"This investment offers our clients access to long term economic drivers and cash flows which are unlikely to be impacted by typical economic cycles and which deliver good investment returns. Moreover, the investment delivers for the Welsh regions as they will experience enhanced social connectivity and a better all-round train travel experience.”
Andrea Ward 0131 245 0001
Notes to editors
- *SICF aims to deliver a reliable stream of cash flows by investing in a diversified portfolio of infrastructure debt, commercial real estate debt, private placement bonds and other areas of private credit.
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a leading global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £557.1 billion, (USD 735.5bn)* of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (*as of 30 June 2018)
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Standard Life Aberdeen group was formed by the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC on 14 August 2017.
- You can access the Aberdeen Standard Investments media centre here: https://www.aberdeenstandard.com/news-and-media
Important Information For Professional Investors only
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Past performance is not a guide to future results. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each investor and may be subject to change in the future. We recommend that you seek financial advice prior to making an investment decision.
Aberdeen Standard Investments is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction. Any research or analysis used to derive, or in relation to, the above information has been procured by us for our own use, without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific investor, and may have been acted on for own purpose. No warranty is given as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this communication and no liability for errors or omissions in such information. Readers must make assessments to the relevance, accuracy and adequacy of the information contained in this communication and make such independent investigations, as they may consider necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessments. Any opinion or estimate contained in this communication are made on a general basis. No information contained herein constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice, or an invitation to apply for securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or in which the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so.
In United Kingdom issued by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Registered Office: 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1XL. Registered in Scotland No. 108419.
Standard Life Investments companies: Standard Life Investments Limited is registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Standard Life Investments Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.