Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) has launched a new MyFolio Sustainable Fund range offering investors access to five risk graded, multi-asset portfolios that aim to do ‘more good and less harm’*.
The ASI MyFolio Sustainable range offers five funds with different expected combinations of investment risk and return, each with an objective to generate growth over the long term (5 years or more) while being managed to a defined level of risk.
As a fund-of-funds range, the portfolios are comprised of carefully chosen funds which meet the requirements of the ASI MyFolio Sustainable Investment Approach. The funds will invest in a manner that seeks to account for long-term environmental and social risks and opportunities and to promote good corporate governance through investment in other funds.
This includes investing more in funds where managers are focused on companies that treat people and the planet well and identifying those that contribute to positive and measurable solutions. It also includes selecting funds whose managers meet with companies to understand their governance procedures and apply pressure when required to make positive change, as well as avoiding companies such as manufacturers of controversial weapons; tobacco; thermal coal producers; and those that don’t meet the UN standards on human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption.
The MyFolio Sustainable portfolios are managed by Joe Wiggins, Head of Portfolio Management and Matthew Wiles, Senior Investment Analyst at ASI.
Joe Wiggins commented:
“The MyFolio Sustainable range offers advisers a robust suite of well diversified multi-asset investment portfolios, which explore sustainable investment in a controlled risk environment. Our tried and tested Strategic Asset Allocation process provides a solid foundation from which we can deliver strong returns to investors seeking a sustainable approach in their investment choice.”
- ASI MyFolio Sustainable I
- ASI MyFolio Sustainable II
- ASI MyFolio Sustainable III
- ASI MyFolio Sustainable IV
- ASI MyFolio Sustainable V
* Versus funds without an explicit sustainable mandate
+44 (0) 758 400 7985
Notes to editors
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £455.6 billion* of assets worldwide. We have clients in c.80 countries supported by over 40 offices globally. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (*as of 30 June 2020)
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has over 1 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- You can access the Aberdeen Standard Investments media centre here: https://www.aberdeenstandard.com/news-and-media
For Professional Investors only
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Past performance is not a guide to future results. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each investor and may be subject to change in the future. We recommend that you seek financial advice prior to making an investment decision.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction. Any research or analysis used to derive, or in relation to, the above information has been procured by us for our own use, without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific investor, and may have been acted on for own purpose. No warranty is given as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this communication and no liability for errors or omissions in such information. Readers must make assessments to the relevance, accuracy and adequacies of the information contained in this communication and make independent investigations, as they may consider necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessments. Any opinion or estimate contained in this communication, are made on a general basis. No information contained herein constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice, or an invitation to apply for securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or in which the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so.