Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) has provided funding to three French social housing providers to help achieve their social housing development plans over the coming years and diversify their funding profiles.
French social housing providers can be an attractive asset class for institutional investors given the strong regulatory framework, counter-cyclical nature and predictable cash flows, with implied government support. The social housing sector is also attractive to clients from an Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) perspective, given its clear impact on social outcomes whilst delivering value to investors.
With these investments, deployed throughout the COVID-19 crisis, ASI is supporting the further expansion of affordable housing stock in high-demand French metropolitan areas. The transactions provided:
- Three long-dated financings in both bullet and amortising formats, with weighted average lives between 25 and 30 years
- A maturity profile tailored to match the pension liabilities of our strategic partner*, the Phoenix Group
- Additional yield and diversified exposure through carefully selected private debt opportunities
Cedric Rozier, Investment Director at ASI said: “We are delighted to have been able to support the French social housing sector and further increase our exposure to euro-denominated investments, which many clients are interested in. These transactions allow us to provide our clients with high quality private credit exposures, aiming to deliver long term stable cash flows.”
*The Phoenix Group long standing strategic partnership with Aberdeen Standard Investments as its preferred investment manager.
Global Media Manager
Aberdeen Standard Investments
+44 (0) 7711 774017
Notes to editots
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £486.5 billion* of assets worldwide. We have clients in c.80 countries supported by over 40 offices globally. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (*as of 31 December 2019)
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- You can access the Aberdeen Standard Investments media centre here: https://www.aberdeenstandard.com/news-and-media
For Professional Investors only
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Past performance is not a guide to future results. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each investor and may be subject to change in the future. We recommend that you seek financial advice prior to making an investment decision.