Aberdeen Standard Investments (“ASI”) has today announced the appointment of Alexis Crusey to its Product Strategy team within Private Markets.
Alexis joins as an Investment Director, following seven years at LeapFrog Investments, a leading impact investing private equity manager, where she played a key role in shaping business and product strategy. At ASI, Alexis will be responsible for leading product and commercial strategy for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and impact-oriented solutions across Private Markets. She will be working closely with a team of others in the ASI Private Markets business who are dedicated to advancing ESG matters, as well as the long-established central ESG team.
Barry Fricke, Global Head of Product, Private Markets, said: “Client demand for products that are ESG-aware and that make a positive impact on society and the environment is increasing. Alexis brings over 10 years’ experience in ESG focused roles within asset management. Her deep understanding of private markets ESG and impact investing, and her extensive client experience, make her ideally suited to ensuring we are able to meet clients’ evolving needs through new products and solutions.”
Alexis Crusey added: “I am delighted to be joining ASI, a market-leading asset manager with a long history of ESG embedded in its DNA. Building on my prior experience in the impact industry, I look forward to working with ASI’s clients and private markets teams to think critically about investment strategies and opportunities that meet clients’ evolving ESG and impact investing needs and offer solutions to address some of the world’s most pressing issues.”
Notes to editors
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £455.6 billion* of assets worldwide. We have clients in c.80 countries supported by over 40 offices globally. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (*as of 30 June 2020)
- The private markets team at ASI manages over £18 billion assets (30 June 2020)
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- You can access the Aberdeen Standard Investments media centre here: https://www.aberdeenstandard.com/news-and-media
Alexis Crusey CV
- Over ten years’ experience in financial services ESG & Impact investing, with a focus on investor relations, business development and product design and distribution
- Formerly a Senior Manager at LeapFrog Investments, a leading impact investing private equity manager, where she played a key role in shaping business and product strategy for the firm
- At LeapFrog, she was responsible for business development and investor relations, helping to drive the oversubscribed fundraisings and other strategic partnerships
- Previously at Parnassus Investments, the largest pure-play ESG fund company in the US, where she played a key role in US distribution to platforms and institutional partners
For Professional Investors only
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Past performance is not a guide to future results. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each investor and may be subject to change in the future. We recommend that you seek financial advice prior to making an investment decision.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction. Any research or analysis used to derive, or in relation to, the above information has been procured by us for our own use, without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific investor, and may have been acted on for own purpose. No warranty is given as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this communication and no liability for errors or omissions in such information. Readers must make assessments to the relevance, accuracy and adequacies of the information contained in this communication and make independent investigations, as they may consider necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessments. Any opinion or estimate contained in this communication, are made on a general basis. No information contained herein constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice, or an invitation to apply for securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or in which the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so.
Issued in the United Kingdom (UK) by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, registered in Scotland (SC108419) at 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen, AB10 1XL, and Standard Life Investments Limited registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Both companies are authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.