Aberdeen Standard Investments (“ASI”) has today announced the appointment of Chris Robinson to its European Private Equity team.
Chris joins as a Senior Investment Director in the European co-investment group, following seven years at Cinven where he invested across a range of sectors, notably Healthcare and Food / Ingredients, and represented Cinven on the Boards of several portfolio companies. Chris began his career in investment banking after graduating from the University of Cambridge.
ASI, which manages €11 billion in private equity investments, has been partnering with lead investors on increasingly complex mid-market co-investments and GP-led secondaries in recent years. Recent examples include KD Pharma, a German headquartered manufacturer of pharmaceutical ingredients; Trustly, a Swedish headquartered provider of online payment services; and Primonial, a French headquartered wealth and asset manager.
Colin Burrow, Head of Co-investments at Aberdeen Standard Investments, comments, “Most of our recent investments have been deals where we partner with sponsors post their initial investment. Often we are funding the next stage of growth or an acquisition.
“We have been partnering more and more with sector specialist firms, particularly in healthcare and software, so Chris’ experience of direct investing will prove invaluable as we continue to specialise and work more closely with our partner firms in order to continue to deliver for our clients.”
Chris Robinson said: “I am delighted to be joining ASI, which has a fantastic and differentiated private equity platform focusing on the European mid-market. I look forward to working closely with Colin and the team as we continue to develop our private equity offering.”
For further information please contact:
James Thorneley, Global Head of Media Relations
Tel: 07768 556 334
Notes to Editors:
About Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) is a leading global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
- With over 1,000 investment professionals we manage £486.5 billion (as at 31 December 2019) of assets worldwide. We have clients in c.80 countries supported by 40 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which they invest.
- We are high-conviction; long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance. We are resolute in our commitment to active asset management.
- ASI is the asset management business of Standard Life Aberdeen plc, one of the world’s largest investment companies.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Standard Life Aberdeen group was formed by the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC on 14 August 2017.
Past performance is not a guide to future returns. The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and your clients may get back less than the amount invested.
This communication is available for distribution by the following Aberdeen Asset Management affiliate:
Issued by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Registered Office: 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1XL. Registered in Scotland No. 108419.