Global asset manager, Aberdeen Standard Investments has successfully secured planning consent for a major UFC gym in place of the former Toys R Us store at Reading Gateway.
Due to open in the first quarter of 2020, the gym will be operated by UFC Gym UK- an extension of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the world's largest mixed martial arts company, who have taken a 15-year lease of the space.
Refurbishment of the large 20,773 sq ft unit, as well an additional 10,000 sq ft at mezzanine level, is soon to start and will create UFC’s third club in the UK and a flagship health and fitness centre for Thames Valley. It will offer HIIT, boxing and martial art classes, with state-of-the-art fitness equipment and a high-spec recovery area.
Nando’s have also signed a 20-year lease on a unit of 4,009 sq ft, which is due to open at the retail park on 23 January.
Peter Tomley, Deputy Fund Manager at Aberdeen Standard Investments, said: “These two lettings cement the creation of an exciting, major mixed use scheme in Reading. The addition of UFC and Nando’s, alongside the existing occupiers, including Premier Inn, Costa Coffee, Burger King, Wren Kitchens, Schmidt Kitchens and Todd Doors, creates a fantastic mix of leisure, F&B and home retailing at the park that will only continue to improve the scheme’s appeal.”
There is one unit of 4,475 sq ft remaining to be let at Reading Gateway out of a scheme of 191,000 sq ft.
Aberdeen Standard Investments
0131 372 2750
About Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is one of Europe’s largest real estate investment managers, managing £44.5 billion of real estate assets across UK, Europe and Asia. Our dedicated team of 270 real estate investment professionals manages more than 1,600 real estate assets worldwide, and are based in 19 offices (including London, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Paris, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Boston. (30 June 2019).
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £525.7* billion of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by over 40 offices globally. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (*as of 30 June 2019)
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- You can access the Aberdeen Standard Investments media centre here: news and media
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Past performance is not a guide to future results. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each investor and may be subject to change in the future. We recommend that you seek financial advice prior to making an investment decision.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction. Any research or analysis used to derive, or in relation to, the above information has been procured by us for our own use, without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific investor, and may have been acted on for own purpose. No warranty is given as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this communication and no liability for errors or omissions in such information. Readers must make assessments to the relevance, accuracy and adequacies of the information contained in this communication and make independent investigations, as they may consider necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessments. Any opinion or estimate contained in this communication, are made on a general basis. No information contained herein constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice, or an invitation to apply for securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or in which the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so.
United Kingdom issued by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Registered Office: 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1XL. Registered in Scotland No. 108419.
Standard Life Investments companies: Standard Life Investments Limited is registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Standard Life Investments Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.