Aberdeen Standard Investments, has been recognised for achieving an outstanding sustainability certification on one of its Swedish assets, Hammarby Gård 13, in its Aberdeen Property Nordic Fund 1 SICAV-FIS. It is one of only six buildings globally this year to achieve this rating and in the top 2% of all assets currently certified with the BREEAM* In-Use International 2015 certification.
Hammarby Gård 13, an office building in Hammarby Sjöstad in central Stockholm, also received a LEED Platinum certificate for its construction in late 2016. This is pleasing recognition for the property, which boasts 100% LED lighting, district heating, cooling and electricity from local renewable sources, and very low water consuming appliances.
Certifications were also received for a further three mixed-use assets across Denmark, Norway and Finland within the Fund. Each asset varied in function from newly constructed retail spaces, to 19th Century buildings consisting of offices, museums and restaurants, which all achieved scores of ‘Very Good’ and ‘Excellent’, which is recognition of the Fund’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) credentials.
The BREEAM In-Use standard seeks to provide building owners, facility managers, investment managers and occupiers with a consistent and credible means of evaluating the impact and performance of buildings and identifying areas for improvement. It is specifically designed for buildings that are already in use. Aberdeen Standard Investments undertook the certification process with support from energy and sustainability consultancy, Longevity Partners.
Markus Lambrecht, Fund Manager, Aberdeen Standard Investments said: “We are delighted to be recognised for outstanding sustainability performance within the Fund. ESG factors are considered in every investment we make as this forms a fundamental part of our research process. Having recently launched our bespoke real estate tool, Impact Dial, we have the unique ability to dial our ESG aspirations up or down based on our investors’ desired outcomes.”
Etienne Cadestin, Founder and CEO at Longevity Partners added: “We are very pleased to work in partnership with Aberdeen Standard Investments across Europe to deliver their green building certification programme. The level of responsibility achieved with this specific asset is remarkable and a real example to follow. Responsible property certification, Longevity’s speciality, is one of today’s most fundamental tools in commercial real estate to increase value, manage climate risk and avoid building obsolescence.”
*Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method
0131 372 1821
Notes to editors
About Aberdeen Standard Investments
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £525.7 billion of assets worldwide. We have clients in c.80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (*as of 30 June 2019)
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- You can access the Aberdeen Standard Investments media centre here: https://www.aberdeenstandard.com/news-and-media
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is one of Europe’s largest real estate investment managers, managing £42.5 billion of real estate assets across UK, Europe and Asia. Our dedicated team of 270 real estate investment professionals manages more than 1,600 real estate assets worldwide, and are based in 19 offices (including London, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Paris, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Singapore, Boston. (30 June 2019)
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment business of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments. With over 1,000 investment professionals, we manage £519.4 billion of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which we invest. (as of 30 June 2019)
About Longevity Partners
Longevity Partners is a multi-disciplinary energy and sustainability consultancy. It was founded in 2015 by Etienne Cadestin to support businesses in the transition to a low carbon economy across the UK, Europe and worldwide. Based in London, Paris and Amsterdam, we provide strategic guidance, compliance support and innovative solutions to property investors, developers and occupiers. We enable them to achieve their energy and resource efficiency targets, reduce their environmental impact, future-proof their business and unlock their full commercial potential. Longevity Partners believes in long-terms partnerships in order to drive the transition to a low carbon economy through the implementation of innovative tactics. We provide our clients with solutions to improve their competitiveness, grow revenues and better address the changing needs of their clients.
Learn more at http://www.longevity.co.uk
For Professional Investors only
Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each investor and may be subject to change in the future. We recommend that you seek financial advice prior to making an investment decision.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction. Any research or analysis used to derive, or in relation to, the above information has been procured by us for our own use, without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific investor, and may have been acted on for own purpose. No warranty is given as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this communication and no liability for errors or omissions in such information. Readers must make assessments to the relevance, accuracy and adequacies of the information contained in this communication and make independent investigations, as they may consider necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessments. Any opinion or estimate contained in this communication, are made on a general basis. No information contained herein constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice, or an invitation to apply for securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or in which the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so.
United Kingdom issued by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Registered Office: 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1XL. Registered in Scotland No. 108419.
Standard Life Investments companies: Standard Life Investments Limited is registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Standard Life Investments Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.