The 2018 Ryder Cup: Wildcard Pick Predictor
Standard Terms and Conditions for this Prize Draw (the “Terms”)
By entering this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”), all participants are deemed to have read these Terms and agree to be bound by them. The decision of Standard Life Investments Limited, a company registered in Scotland (company number SC123321) having its registered office at 1 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2LL (the “Promoter” or “we”), is final on all matters relating to the Prize Draw and the Terms, and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these Terms.
1. The Prize Draw is free to enter to all and only persons employed by, or individuals working full time on a contractor or consultant basis for, Standard Life Aberdeen plc or any of its subsidiaries (as defined in section 1159 of Companies Act 2006) at the time of entry who correctly complete the online (Survey Monkey) entry form located at https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/T7WDT9R (the “Link”). Only one entry may be made per eligible person.
2. The opening date of the Prize Draw is Sunday 2nd September 2018 and the closing date of the Prize Draw is 17:30:00 (GMT) on Tuesday 4th September 2018 (the “Closing Date”). Any entries (a) following the Closing Date; (b) incomplete; or (c) otherwise illegible will not be accepted and you will not be entered into the Prize Draw. Any entries that contain any sexual, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory content will not be accepted.
3. If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when entering the Prize Draw, the Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete Prize Draw entries and any incomplete Prize Draw entries will not be considered valid for entry into the Prize Draw.
4. There are 2 main prizes to be won (detailed below) and 5 runner up prizes (detailed below) (collectively the “Prizes”). The Prizes can be won by anyone who correctly predicts the eight (8) wildcard picks made by Thomas Bjorn and Jim Furyk by following the instructions in the Link (the “Quiz”).
- Five (5) nights’ accommodation (bed & breakfast) in a double or twin room at the Méridien Etoile Hotel in Paris, from Wednesday 26th September 2018 (check in) until Monday 1st October (check out), 2018.
- Two (2) International Pavilion tickets for The 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National, Paris (the “Ryder Cup”, from Thursday 27th September 2018 until Sunday 30th September, 2018.
- Two (2) return travel tickets to Paris from Wednesday 26th September 2018 (OUT) until Monday 1st October (IN) 2018. Travel to be arranged by Aberdeen Standard Investments’ travel department. Travel dates and time subject to availability.
Runner up prizes :
- Two (2) International Pavilion tickets for The 2018 Ryder Cup at Le Golf National, Paris, for either Saturday 29 September or Sunday 30 September. Travel and accommodation not included.
- A 2018 Ryder Cup jacket
5. Each Winner’s (as defined in Clause 7 below) nominated guest must be 16 years or over. Each Prize is for personal use of the Winner and their nominated guest. Neither the Winner nor their nominated guest may sell the Prize under any circumstances.
6. The Prizes do not include any additional meals, trips, travel insurance, taxes, service charges, or any other service or item not specifically listed in clause 4 above.
7. The winners of the main prize and the runner up prizes will be chosen by random draw (individually a “Winner” and together the “Winners” or “you”) performed by a computer process on or around 11th September 2018 (“Draw Date”). Such random draw will only include those persons who have correctly answered the Quiz. The Winners will be notified on or around 12th September 2018 by email and arrangements for collection of the Prize will be made with each Winner at such time.
8. Each Prize will be given to the Winner by a member of the Aberdeen Standard Investments Sponsorship team.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to replace any Prize with a similar prize if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so. The Promoter will not offer any form of compensation, financial or otherwise. In the unlikely event that the Ryder Cup does not take place or does not take place on the date(s) specified, the Promoter is unable to offer additional alternative opportunity or any other compensation.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Prize Draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
11. The Winners and nominated guest must comply with all applicable laws which apply in the country in which the Ryder Cup takes place.
12. Each Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash equivalent, choice (other than as stated in these Terms) or alternative prize will be available. Each Prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions that are reproduced or referenced at the Ryder Cup, on the Prize voucher and on any related website. Each Prize will be awarded to the Winners selected in accordance with these Terms.
13. Any personal information collected from you by the Promoter will be used lawfully in accordance with the Terms and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the General Data Protection Regulations), and solely for the purposes of identifying and contacting each Winner or otherwise in accordance with a Facebook Entry or Twitter Entry. By accepting the Prize, each Winner agrees that the Promoter or any other company member of the Standard Life Aberdeen group (being Standard Life Aberdeen plc and its subsidiaries from time to time) may publish each Winner’s name, location and photograph for event publicity purposes. You agree that the copyright (if any) and all other rights, title and interest in and to any contribution by you shall vest in and be irrevocably assigned to the Promoter.
14. We may refuse or disqualify any Entry (including entries by Winners), if we have good reason to believe that you have broken these Terms or if you or anyone authorised by you to deal with your Entry acts in a way towards us which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the Winner is disqualified, we can give the Prize to another person who entered the Prize Draw on these Terms.
15. Singular terms include the plural and these Terms will be interpreted in accordance with English law. If any provision of these Terms proves to be illegal or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions remaining in full force and effect. Any disputes will be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.