Aberdeen Standard Investments manages a full range of equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum and seek to meet specific client outcomes. While distinct in their risk tolerances and return objectives, our equity portfolios share a common approach: to consistently add value through fundamental stock selection and active management. Our equities assets under management are £157.6 billion* managed by investment managers located across the world.
While diverse in their risk and return objectives, our disciplined investment processes are founded upon bottom-up stock selection. We have a team-based approach: our equity investment managers work closely with colleagues in other asset class teams, allowing us to benefit from the insights and expertise of investment professionals across markets and asset classes. Our teams maintain extensive coverage of global markets and enjoy direct access to company management at the very highest levels.
Our transparent investment processes have been developed over multiple market cycles. A robust focus on long-term value creation, centered on meeting client expectations, lies at the heart of our investment approaches. The core features of our investment processes include:
- First-hand research –This enables us to evaluate financial trends, risks and opportunities – leveraging our local presence and optimising our direct contact with company management
- Ownership of ideas – Though subject to robust peer review, our managers take individual responsibility for the investment decisions they make
- A risk focus – Diversification and risk analysis are paramount. We fully assess and measure all aspects of risk within our portfolios – stock, sector and country
- A long-term view – We seek to generate returns for our clients by taking long-term, high-conviction positions in appropriate investments
- Responsible Investing – we embed ESG analysis within our comprehensive risk assessment of the companies we research. All our equity strategies consider ESG risks and opportunities
Our broad range of equity strategies include:
- Global equities – includes core, unconstrained, ethical and income-oriented strategies
- UK equities – includes core, income, unconstrained, high-alpha and ethical
- European equities – includes core, income, ethical and unconstrained
- Global Emerging Market equities – includes single country and pan-regional portfolios, using core, income, unconstrained, enhanced diversification and midcap strategies
- Asia Pacific exc. Japan – includes single country and regional strategies
- US equities – includes core, unconstrained and income strategies
- Japanese equities - includes core, unconstrained and high alpha strategies
- Smaller companies – across all major and emerging markets
* Source: Aberdeen Standard Investments, 31 Dec 2017
Equity markets continue to offer significant growth and income potential to long-term investors, enabling them to share in the performance of both developed and emerging economies.
As leading active equity investors, we believe that fundamental company research drives performance. We focus our global resources on gaining deep understanding of individual companies and the sectors they operate in, building high-conviction portfolios that give investors direct access to our best ideas.
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations are core to our approach. By actively engaging with companies on ESG issues and fully integrating these insights into our stock research and decision making, we aim to enhance investor returns and reduce risk.
For a full understanding of Aberdeen Standard Investments' Equities expertise and global reach, please click the link below:
Local presence – global insight
Aberdeen Standard Investments has a strong history of managing equity portfolios across multiple market cycles. We now manage more than £144.2bn/$190.4bn* in client equity mandates.
We maintain a deep local presence across markets. Our 149 equity investment professionals cover around 3,000 stocks globally and conduct around 7,500 company meetings a year.* Insight is shared and rigorously peer-reviewed, within and across teams, so only those we consider the strongest investment opportunities are included in client portfolios.
Focus on client goals
Our disciplined research-driven approach is applied to meet distinct client goals – from ‘high active’ portfolios aiming to deliver long-term outperformance, to income strategies targeting a premium yield, and values-based strategies designed to meet specific ethical, socially responsible and impact-investing goals.
*Source: Aberdeen Standard Investments. As at 30 June 2018