Aberdeen Standard Asset Management (Thailand) Limited
Customer Privacy Notice
|“We”, “Our” and “Us”||Aberdeen Standard Asset Management (Thailand) Limited|
|“Customers”||clients, business partners and all parties who have dealings with us|
|“Personal Information”||same meaning as "personal data" prescribed in the Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019) ("PDPA") which includes names, e-mail addresses, postal addresses, birthdates, telephone numbers, identity card numbers and any other information that could personally identify Customers.|
|“Use”, “Process”||same meaning as "processing" prescribed in Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act B.E. 2562 (2019) ("PDPA") which means, among others, collect, process, retain, disclose etc.|
Aberdeen Standard Asset Management (Thailand) Limited is committed to protecting any personal information shared with us. We take privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use personal information where it is necessary and lawful to do so.
This Privacy Notice applies to Aberdeen Standard Asset Management (Thailand) and contains important information about what personal information we collect; what we do with that information; who we may share it with and why; and your choices and rights when it comes to the personal information you have given us.
We may need to make changes to our Privacy Notice; so please check our website for updates from time to time. If there are important changes to how we handle your personal information; we may contact you to let you know.
Aberdeen Standard Asset Management Limited is part of Aberdeen Standard Investments; a global investment brand of Standard Life Aberdeen plc, one of the world’s largest investment companies.
Personal information we collect and use
We may collect and use personal information including:
- Information about who you are for identification and security purposes e.g. your Full Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Marital Status, Country of birth, National Identification Card Number, Nationality, Passport Number, Expiry Date and Place of Issuance, Occupation and employment details including job title, salary and employer’s address
- Information to allow us to contact you e.g. Address (current address in Thailand and Registered home address if different), Telephone (mobile) number, Email address
- Information connected with your product or service with us e.g. bank account and sort code
- Information about your contact with us e.g. phone calls, emails / letters
- Information that is automatically connected e.g. via cookies when you visit one of our websites
- Information described as ‘sensitive personal information i.e. information pertaining to your race, ethnic origin, political opinions, cult, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexualbehavior, criminal records, health, disability, trade union information, genetic data, biometric data, or of any data which may affect you in the same manner, as prescribed by the Personal Data Protection Commissions [PDPC].Such sensitive personal information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the product or service you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations, and where we have also obtained your explicit consent to process such information.
- Information on persons connected to you, where required to provide the agreed product or service e.g. name, date of birth, nationality, National ID number or Passport Number of your spouse or beneficial owner
If you have a distributor / broker / agent, the information we collect and use will most likely have been provided by them on your behalf.
Why we collect and use your personal information
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use your information where it is necessary and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where we can satisfy one of the lawful processing conditions set out in the data protection laws. These include:
- Where it’s necessary to provide the product or service you have requested e.g. if you wish to invest in one of our funds or products we will require some personal information which may include your name, address, date of birth, and bank account details
- Where it’s necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations e.g. to send you Annual Statements, tell you about changes to Terms and Conditions or for the detection and prevention of fraud
- For our legitimate interests where such interest does not override yours as the data subject e.g. to develop new products and services for our customers
- For the performance of a task we require to carry out in the public interest
- You have given us your explicit consent to use your information for an agreed purpose.For example, if we are collecting and using your sensitive personal information or for certain types of marketing and research, and/or call handling.
Subject to the above, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Account opening including information verification and credit checks
- Order Handling
- Unit Allocation
- Regulatory and Compliance Reporting
- Service Request (Amendment, MIP Application, FastTrack, Online trading, Withdraw, Redemption, Closure and Tax Certificate)
- Direct Debit Application
- Dividends confirmation
- Marketing including analysis and promotion with your explicit consent
- Call Handling (Incoming and outgoing) - with your explicit consent
You will be required to provide the personal information as required to be processed by or on behalf of us, as described above. If you do not agree to provide such personal information to us in accordance with this Notice, we may not be able to provide you with the product(s) or service(s) requested or comply with any of our contractual obligations owing to Customers
Proper Management and Protection of Personal Information
We take personal information and security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected and used by us in any way will have appropriate measures in place to properly manage and protect your personal information. We have implemented the following measures:
- Established an organizational culture to promote and ensure protection of all personal information held by us;
- appointed personal information controllers to oversee the proper handling of your personal information;
- established internal company rules based on Personal Information Protection Laws and guidelines issued by the relevant authority to ensure proper handling of personal information;
- educated our employees to ensure that they understand the importance of personal information protection and are thoroughly familiar with all relevant rules and guidelines
- established a personal information management register and enforcement of appropriate restrictions on access to personal information; and
- implemented appropriate and reasonable security measures [including a secure storage method with restricted access controls] to prevent unauthorized access to, or leakage, destruction or alteration of, personal information.Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing an appropriate control environment that manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with third parties we work with for the purposes outlined in ‘Why we collect and use your information’.
We will only disclose your Personal Information to such third parties where it is lawful to do so and in line with our obligations under data protection laws.
We will share your information with:
- Other parts [subsidiaries, holding companies, related corporations or associates of ours whether present or future] of Standard Life Aberdeen plc who support us in the provision of the product or service you have
- Companies and partners we have carefully chosen to support us, both inside and outside of Thailand,
- Credit reference agencies for the purposes of conducting a credit check and ID verification
- Your distributor / broker / agent where this is required as part of the product or service you have agreed with us
- Our regulators in and outside of Thailand including The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Thailand, the Financial Conduct Authority and the Information Commissioner's Office (the ICO) in the UK and Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS).
- Appointed agencies [government agencies, public agencies, agencies ]responsible for supervising the provision of services
- Law enforcement agencies e.g. for the prevention and detection of crime, pursuit of legal proceedings,
- Other third parties where required to support an organization restructure, amalgamation, merger or sale
By disclosing your personal information to such third parties we shall ensure that those persons shall treat your Personal Information confidential and shall not use such information for any purposes other than within the scope specified by us.
We will only instruct a third party to process your personal information on our behalf where we have obtained the necessary assurance that they will properly manage and protect your information to the required standards under law. Moreover, before we provide and disclose your personal information to such service providers we require, by way of a written contract or similar means, they will do so strictly in compliance with the Scope of Use and to ensure they properly handle personal information. We periodically verify their ongoing compliance.
How long we keep your information
To provide your product or investment, and meet our legal and regulatory obligations, we keep your personal information and copies of records we create (e.g. calls with us) while you are a client or customer of ours.
Even when you no longer have a relationship with us, we are required to keep information for different legal and regulatory reasons. The length of time will vary and we regularly review our retention periods to make sure they comply with all laws and regulations.
At the end of the applicable retention period, personal data must either be erased or anonymised. In some cases, no action will be required if data cannot be allocated to an identifiable person at the end of the retention period.
Your rights under law
You have a number of rights under data protection laws which may be exercised in certain circumstances. These are:
- Right to be Informed
- Right to Withdraw Consent
- Right of Access
- Right to Receive and Transfer
- Right to Object
- Right to Erasure and Destroy
- Right to Restrict
If an event you wish to exercise any of your rights under law, please complete the Data Subject Rights Request form and notify us using our contact details below
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our Privacy Notice or the information we collect or use about you, please contact us:
Thailand Data Protection Officer
Aberdeen Standard Asset Management (Thailand) Limited
28th Floor Bangkok City Tower,
179 South Sathorn Road,
Thailand Email: DPO_ASI_Thailand@aberdeen-asset.com
How to make a complaint
We will always strive to collect, use and safeguard your personal information in line with data protection laws. If you do not believe we have handled your information as set out in this Privacy Notice, please let us know immediately and we will do our utmost to make things right.
While we hope that we can resolve any complaints for you, you do have the option complain to your local data protection authority e.g. SEC in Thailand. This is available to you whether or not you have exhausted our complaints procedure.
You can contact Office of the Personal Data Protection Committee at the following address:
Office of the Personal Data Protection Committee, Office of the Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Digital Economy and Society
5st December, B.E.2550
120 Moo 3 Bldg. B, 6-9 Floor
Laksi, Bangkok 10210