Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) has appointed Min Chow Sai as Head of Investment Research – Real Estate, Asia Pacific. Based in Singapore, Min Chow will lead ASI’s real estate research across Asia Pacific and provide investment insight and analysis for its global and regional portfolios.
The appointment follows ASI’s expansion of its direct real estate business in Asia Pacific this year, having completed the acquisition of Orion Partners in February and established a joint venture with Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited in June to invest in residential real estate in Japan and other mature markets across the region.
Min Chow reports to Andrew Allen, London-based Global Head of Investment Research, Real Estate. Prior to joining ASI, he worked at Nomura Securities in Singapore for over a decade, most recently as Executive Director responsible for Singapore and regional listed real estate investment research. Previously he held various real estate securities research roles at Lehman and BNP Paribas.
Andrew Allen, Global Head of Investment Research – Real Estate, Aberdeen Standard Investments, said:“Real estate is gaining more and more traction from international investors in the current low yield world, thanks to the asset class’ track record of delivering robust risk-adjusted returns and enhancing portfolio diversification. The combination of in-depth local research, global insight and an active approach to investing has been critical to our success in global real estate portfolio management.
“The appointment of Min Chow underscores our real estate investment capability in Asia Pacific as we seek to enable our clients to benefit from a range of real estate themes such as urbanisation, demographic change and environmental, social and governance (ESG) investing. I have no doubt Min Chow’s extensive research experience and deep insights into Asia Pacific’s real estate markets will add significant value as we continue to grow our global real estate business.”
+852 2103 4793
Notes to editors
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a leading global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
- With over 1,000 investment professionals we manage US$669.6 billion* of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which they invest.
- We are high-conviction; long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance. We are resolute in our commitment to active asset management.
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is the asset management business of Standard Life Aberdeen plc, one of the world’s largest investment companies.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Standard Life Aberdeen group was formed by the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC on 14 August 2017.
*as at 30 June 2019
Aberdeen Standard Investments is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction.
This communication is available for distribution by the following entities:
Hong Kong by Aberdeen Standard Investments (Hong Kong) Limited. This document has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission. Aberdeen Standard Investments (Asia) Limited, Registration Number 199105448E