Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) private placement team has lent £50m to a UK social housing landlord in order to fund the development of new homes.
The loan was given to A2Dominion Housing Group to help grow its development opportunities and strengthen liquidity.
Aberdeen Standard Investments said the funding was provided on behalf of its strategic partner Phoenix Group, and will provide it with a reliable income stream until 2045, helping to meet future liabilities. The loan is secured against social housing assets, includes a deferred settlement feature to March 2020 and fully amortises over the last 10 years, resulting in a weighted average life of 20 years.
ASI has a long track record of investing in the UK social housing sector. This was the first housing private placement investment for Phoenix Group, which is keen to explore further funding opportunities in the sector.
Fiona Dickinson, Investment Director at Aberdeen Standard Investments, commented:
“Our insurance and pension fund clients continue to look for cash flows over the long-term which are secured against UK social housing. A2Dominion’s strong credit rating, which is higher than the average rating in the sector, is attractive to clients. The bilateral approach in negotiating this privately placed investment, helped to reduce the execution risk that’s associated with public bonds, given the level of uncertainty in the GBP market at present.”
Scott Robertson, Phoenix Group’s Head of Financial Management Group, added:
“We are delighted to be supporting A2Dominion’s strategic plans to deliver more homes in Southern England. Phoenix was able to work closely with our strategic partner, Aberdeen Standard Investments, to deliver a bespoke transaction which works well for both parties.”
|0131 245 0001|
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is Europe's second largest real estate investment manager, managing US$56.3 billion (£43.9 billion)** of real estate assets across UK, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Aberdeen Standard Investments is a leading global asset manager dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients, and is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
- With over 1,000 investment professionals we manage US$735.5 billion (£557.1 billion)** of assets worldwide. We have clients in 80 countries supported by 50 relationship offices. This ensures we are close to our clients and the markets in which they invest.
- We are high-conviction, long-term investors who believe teamwork and collaboration are the key to delivering repeatable, superior investment performance.
- Standard Life Aberdeen plc is headquartered in Scotland. It has around 1.2 million shareholders and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The Standard Life Aberdeen group was formed by the merger of Standard Life plc and Aberdeen Asset Management PLC on 14 August 2017.
**as at 30 June 2018Important Information
For Professional Investors only
The value of investments, and the income from them, can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested. Past performance is not a guide to future results. Tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each investor and may be subject to change in the future. We recommend that you seek financial advice prior to making an investment decision.
Aberdeen Standard Investments is a brand of the investment businesses of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life Investments.
The details contained here are for information purposes only and should not be considered as an offer, investment recommendation, or solicitation to deal in any investments or funds and does not constitute investment research, investment recommendation or investment advice in any jurisdiction. Any research or analysis used to derive, or in relation to, the above information has been procured by us for our own use, without taking into account the investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any specific investor, and may have been acted on for own purpose. No warranty is given as to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this communication and no liability for errors or omissions in such information. Readers must make assessments to the relevance, accuracy and adequacy of the information contained in this communication and make such independent investigations, as they may consider necessary or appropriate for the purpose of such assessments. Any opinion or estimate contained in this communication are made on a general basis. No information contained herein constitutes investment, tax, legal or any other advice, or an invitation to apply for securities in any jurisdiction where such an offer or invitation is unlawful, or in which the person making such an offer is not qualified to do so.
In United Kingdom issued by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Registered Office: 10 Queen’s Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1XL. Registered in Scotland No. 108419.
Standard Life Investments companies:
Standard Life Investments Limited is registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL. Standard Life Investments Limited is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.