We are part of the Aberdeen Standard Investments brand which manages more than €19 billion of assets across private markets. This makes us part of one of the largest private markets investors in the world. In total, over €3 billion of infrastructure investments is managed on behalf of investors.
Our economic infrastructure investment philosophy centres on our belief that infrastructure is a long-term asset class capable of delivering attractive, consistent returns to investors. Our approach is focused on:
- developing a long-term fund structure which is aligned with investors' objectives
- creating a portofolio of mid-market core/core+ infrastructure investments
- recognising the importance of effective asset management and stakeholder engagement
- clearly defining what constitutes core infrastructure within our target return range.
We have 11 investment professionals dedicated to our core/core+ strategy across investment offices in London and Edinburgh. The team is supported by the marketing, legal, finance and operational functions of Aberdeen Standard Investments.
Our investor base spans both public and corporate pension funds, insurance companies and family offices across the world.
We invest in operational assets with limited or no construction risk. We target infrastructure investments in Europe which are typically yielding from day one. We are attracted to the following investment characteristics:
- lower to mid-market assets in less competitive areas of the market
- assets which provide essential services and have predictable cashflows
- regulated assets or assets with a strong, contractual framework
- lower risk assets that require limited operational development
- majority stakes or minority interests where we have appropriate governance rights.
We seek to build a diversified portfolio of core/core+ infrastructure assets across utilities, transport and energy infrastructure in Europe. Below you will find some of the investments we have made. Find out more about the assets and why we were attracted to the investment.
Nordic Power AS
In June 2015, we acquired 100% of Nordic Power AS, a portfolio of 13 newly commissioned hydropower plants from Nordkraft, a Norwegian utility controlled by the Narvik Municipality. Since acquisition, we have added an additional two plants to the portfolio, taking the total projected annual output to 160 GWh.
- Attractive return and yield profile
- Core, power generation asset
- Proven technology, low operating risk and long asset lives
- Exclusive option over pipeline of new plants
Our economic infrastructure investment philosophy centres on our belief that infrastructure is a long-term asset class capable of delivering attractive, consistent returns to investors.Economic infrastructure